Recommended reading for healthcare executives
A number of health books for lay readers published in 2010 offer practical advice for patients, as well as some page-turning narratives, according to today’s Informed Patient column.
But for those inside the business of health care, two titles offered thought-provoking ideas on how to fix a flawed system.
In “Reengineering Health Care: A Manifesto for Radically Rethinking Health Care Delivery,” business writer Jim Champy and Harry Greenspun, chief medical officer of Dell Inc., draw on lessons used by companies like Texas Instruments, Campbell’s Soup and Wal-Mart to offer solutions for health care.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare