Recommended reading for healthcare executives
A number of health books for lay readers published in 2010 offer practical advice for patients, as well as some page-turning narratives, according to today’s Informed Patient column.
But for those inside the business of health care, two titles offered thought-provoking ideas on how to fix a flawed system.
In “Reengineering Health Care: A Manifesto for Radically Rethinking Health Care Delivery,” business writer Jim Champy and Harry Greenspun, chief medical officer of Dell Inc., draw on lessons used by companies like Texas Instruments, Campbell’s Soup and Wal-Mart to offer solutions for health care.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program