Saint Joseph Mercy Health System announces merger with IHA
The Saint Joseph Mercy Health System said today that it has completed its merger with Ann Arbor-based IHA, a physician group that cares for nearly 260,000 patients.
The merger creates one of the largest integrated health networks in Michigan and will be part of the health system's accountable care organization that is being formed, according to a news release.
IHA has 192 doctors and nurse practitioners and a total of 950 employees across 32 practices and will serve Saint Joseph Mercy in Washtenaw and Livingston counties and parts of western Wayne County and southwestern Oakland County. It joins the health system, which has seven hospitals in Metro Detroit and some 14,000 employees, including nearly 2,700 doctors.
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- Aligning Executive Compensation with Provider Mission
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe