Saint Joseph Mercy Health System announces merger with IHA
The Saint Joseph Mercy Health System said today that it has completed its merger with Ann Arbor-based IHA, a physician group that cares for nearly 260,000 patients.
The merger creates one of the largest integrated health networks in Michigan and will be part of the health system's accountable care organization that is being formed, according to a news release.
IHA has 192 doctors and nurse practitioners and a total of 950 employees across 32 practices and will serve Saint Joseph Mercy in Washtenaw and Livingston counties and parts of western Wayne County and southwestern Oakland County. It joins the health system, which has seven hospitals in Metro Detroit and some 14,000 employees, including nearly 2,700 doctors.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013