Texas Health Acquires MedicalEdge, PhyServe
Texas Health Resources has announced the acquisition of privately held MedicalEdge Healthcare Group, one of the largest independent physician practices in North Texas.
Arlington-based Texas Health also acquired PhyServe, the management services organization for the MedicalEdge physicians, which Texas Health will sell to MedSynergies Inc., the hospital-physician alignment consultants.
Financial terms of both deals were not disclosed.
“This enables Texas Health to become a ‘medical home’ for thousands of North Texas patients,” said Douglas D. Hawthorne, CEO of Texas Health Resources. “Immediately, more than 420 physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners will become part of our established and well-respected Texas Health Physicians Group, and the patients of MedicalEdge providers will have easy access to a hospital system dedicated to both quality and accountable medical treatment.”
MedicalEdge, based in Irving, has patient-access facilities in more than 250 locations in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Grayson, Johnson, Parker and Tarrant counties. MedicalEdge employs more than 280 physicians and more than 140 physician extenders and other mid-level health professionals, many of them involved in providing primary care.
“This is the right time for this to happen,” said Clay Heighten, MD, former president of MedicalEdge Healthcare Group. “Most people have probably never heard of MedicalEdge, but we have quietly built a medical group of more than 420 providers and other medical professionals. Now those doctors and their patients will benefit from the capabilities we now have as part of a comprehensive health system.”
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013