PA's Mercy Hospital announces sale
If all goes according to plan, Mercy Hospital in Scranton, PA will have a new name by June after officials announced Thursday that for-profit Community Health Systems Inc. will buy Mercy Health Partners' facilities. CHS has also agreed to invest at least $68 million in Mercy Health Partners' hospitals in Scranton, Nanticoke, Tunkhannock and at outpatient clinics over the next five years and will donate $2 million to a newly created foundation that will promote community wellness. The announcement comes four months after Mercy Health Partners President and CEO Kevin Cook said the nonprofit hospital system was seeking a buyer amid increasing struggles to break even and generate enough money for necessary capital investments.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion