Healthcare Online Job Postings Drop in April
Online job ads for healthcare practitioners, technical workers, and support staff fell off sharply in April, but there were still nearly three jobs available for every highly skilled healthcare professional looking for work, according to The Conference Board Help Wanted Online report.
Labor demand for healthcare practitioners and technical occupations fell by 28,600 listings in April to 568,500. Healthcare support positions fell by 11,400 new listings to 129,100 in April, The Conference Board reports.
The board's Help Wanted Online Data Series tracks more than 1,000 online job boards across the United States.
Online job listings in healthcare continue to yo-yo from month to month. In March, healthcare practitioners and technical occupations grew by 3,700, and healthcare support positions posted 4,400 new listings, with the primary demand coming for physical therapist assistants, home health aides, nursing aides, and medical assistants.
In January, The Conference Board reported 78,500 new listings for healthcare practitioners and technicians, and 16,600 new ads for healthcare support jobs, as healthcare jobs led a strong first month of 2011. However, February saw online job ads for practitioners and technical occupations drop by 4,300 owing largely to decreases in advertised vacancies for registered nurses and occupational and physical therapists, while support positions posted a decrease of 4,200.
Even with April's decline in on-line job listings, there were nearly three jobs for every healthcare technician and practitioner job seeker, with the average salary of $33.51 an hour. Conversely, there were 1.7 healthcare support workers for every online job listing, with pay averaging $12.84 an hour, The Conference Board reports.
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- Upfront costs of going digital overwhelm some doctors
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs