Henry Ford Hospital CEO advocates healthcare reform
With no end in sight for the controversy over health care reform, Macomb County health care providers are engaging with each other in an effort to educate citizens on what reform truly means for them. "There is so much controversy going on now with this act and the repealing that's trying to be attempted and elements of it trying to be picked apart ... it's going to be very interesting to really understand and predict what's going to happen in 2014 when all of this comes about," said Henry Ford Hospital CEO Barbara Rossmann. Rossmann helped break down the 1,000-page health care reform act for various Macomb County business leaders and health care providers who gathered Wednesday at Baker College for the Leadership Macomb seminar. "Whether we agree with the contents of the bill and how it's being orchestrated or not, the intention is the right one," Rossmann said. "It's moving us toward continuity of care managed through primary care physicians."
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US