OH Hospitals Launch Non-profit Collaborative
Three Cleveland-area hospitals have formed a non-profit collaborative that they say lets them pool resources while maintaining autonomy in their own communities.
EMH Healthcare, Parma Community General Hospital, and Southwest General Health System have announced jointly that they will share equal ownership of the newly created Community Health Collaborative, which they said is expected to improve the hospitals' buying power, and other efficiencies, and create a "base camp" for collaborative ventures among the three systems.
"We can no longer operate in isolation and expect to retain the necessary strength required to meet our mission to our community," Don Sheldon, MD, president/CEO of Elyria, OH-based EMH Healthcare said in the joint announcement. "This collaborative allows us to remain autonomous, remain responsive to our community, and to achieve the critical mass necessary for future success."
Frank Lordeman, a former COO at Cleveland Clinic, was named president/CEO of CHC, which has already begun developing information technology, supply chain management, and physician integration projects.
"This collaborative is not a replacement for existing relationships, and does not preclude the formation of new ones," Terry Deis, president/CEO of Parma Community Hospital said in the announcement. "It does, however, give us new and exciting opportunities to work together as healthcare systems which are similarly sized, similarly positioned and which face similar challenges."
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care