Northeast Health System to merge with Lahey Clinic
Northeast Health System, which operates hospitals in Beverly, Gloucester, and Lynn, has agreed to affiliate with Lahey Clinic of Burlington, a teaching hospital affiliated with Tufts Medical School, in the latest hospital merger in Massachusetts. The deal, which will create a new umbrella company called Lahey Health System, could affect other potential consolidation moves. Lahey had begun preliminary merger talks with Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Harvard-affiliated teaching hospital that had also submitted a bid for Northeast. Lahey and Northeast are both nonprofit organizations. Two for-profit hospital chains, Steward Health Care System and Vanguard Health Systems, had also initially submitted bids for Northeast, though Boston-based Steward ultimately dropped out of the competition.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised