Northeast Health System to merge with Lahey Clinic
Northeast Health System, which operates hospitals in Beverly, Gloucester, and Lynn, has agreed to affiliate with Lahey Clinic of Burlington, a teaching hospital affiliated with Tufts Medical School, in the latest hospital merger in Massachusetts. The deal, which will create a new umbrella company called Lahey Health System, could affect other potential consolidation moves. Lahey had begun preliminary merger talks with Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Harvard-affiliated teaching hospital that had also submitted a bid for Northeast. Lahey and Northeast are both nonprofit organizations. Two for-profit hospital chains, Steward Health Care System and Vanguard Health Systems, had also initially submitted bids for Northeast, though Boston-based Steward ultimately dropped out of the competition.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care