Anthem, SCCIPA align to create ACO in California
Touting it as the first of its kind ACO in Northern California, Anthem Blue Cross and the Individual Practice Association Medical Group of Santa Clara County have announced a contract to provide accountable care to tens of thousands of Anthem PPO members in Silicon Valley. SCCIPA's network includes 284 primary care physicians, 550 specialists and ten acute care facilities throughout Santa Clara County. Anthem members will be included in the program if they have received the majority of their medical care from these same treating physicians in the past and if there is already a strong physician-patient relationship. "SCCIPA's investment in its innovative coordinated care IT platform and demonstrated quality clinical and administrative management performance across its electronically integrated network, make them an ideal partner to offer our first ACO model in northern California," said Pam Kehaly, president of Anthem Blue Cross.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'