Cleveland Clinic affiliates with NC’s Forsyth Medical Center
Forsyth Medical Center said today its cardiac and vascular center has formed an affiliation with the Cleveland Clinic in an effort to improve its services in those categories. The Cleveland Clinic, founded in 1921, is a nonprofit, multispecialty academic medical center that has pioneered many medical breakthroughs, including coronary artery bypass surgery and the first face transplant in the United States. The Cleveland Clinic has agreed to the same affiliation with Novant Heath Inc.'s facilities at Presbyterian Hospital in the Charlotte market.Forsyth officials said the affiliation will provide the center with access to the research and expertise of the Cleveland Clinic's heart program, ranging from prevention to medical cardiology to cardiovascular surgery.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised