Cleveland Clinic affiliates with NC’s Forsyth Medical Center
Forsyth Medical Center said today its cardiac and vascular center has formed an affiliation with the Cleveland Clinic in an effort to improve its services in those categories. The Cleveland Clinic, founded in 1921, is a nonprofit, multispecialty academic medical center that has pioneered many medical breakthroughs, including coronary artery bypass surgery and the first face transplant in the United States. The Cleveland Clinic has agreed to the same affiliation with Novant Heath Inc.'s facilities at Presbyterian Hospital in the Charlotte market.Forsyth officials said the affiliation will provide the center with access to the research and expertise of the Cleveland Clinic's heart program, ranging from prevention to medical cardiology to cardiovascular surgery.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers