HealthGrades merges with monitoring firm CPM
Denver-based consumer health-information outlet Health Grades and customer- monitoring firm CPM in Wisconsin announced a merger Wednesday. The combination will allow consumers to choose physicians and hospitals by accessing informational databases about patient safety, satisfaction and clinical outcomes, as well as after-care marketing to patients by health care providers. CPM, based in Madison, WI, will become a new division of HealthGrades, and each company will remain in its current location. No additional jobs are expected from the merger, though each side said it improves prospects for expansion.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts