'The Betty Ford Clinic of Cincinnati'
For a minimum $22,000 a month, The Ridge promises privacy and luxury surroundings for people completing a 28-day recovery program for alcohol or drug abuse. Touted as "The Betty Ford Clinic of Cincinnati," it's the only treatment center of its kind in the region. Treatment takes place inside a remodeled, 13-room estate on 50 wooded acres. Executives with Health Care Venture Partners, which owns The Ridge, acknowledge that price excludes all but the wealthiest of patients. But they defend against criticism that the center is elitist. It simply offers a treatment standard that had been lacking in the region, they say.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs