'The Betty Ford Clinic of Cincinnati'
For a minimum $22,000 a month, The Ridge promises privacy and luxury surroundings for people completing a 28-day recovery program for alcohol or drug abuse. Touted as "The Betty Ford Clinic of Cincinnati," it's the only treatment center of its kind in the region. Treatment takes place inside a remodeled, 13-room estate on 50 wooded acres. Executives with Health Care Venture Partners, which owns The Ridge, acknowledge that price excludes all but the wealthiest of patients. But they defend against criticism that the center is elitist. It simply offers a treatment standard that had been lacking in the region, they say.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses