'The Betty Ford Clinic of Cincinnati'
For a minimum $22,000 a month, The Ridge promises privacy and luxury surroundings for people completing a 28-day recovery program for alcohol or drug abuse. Touted as "The Betty Ford Clinic of Cincinnati," it's the only treatment center of its kind in the region. Treatment takes place inside a remodeled, 13-room estate on 50 wooded acres. Executives with Health Care Venture Partners, which owns The Ridge, acknowledge that price excludes all but the wealthiest of patients. But they defend against criticism that the center is elitist. It simply offers a treatment standard that had been lacking in the region, they say.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion