'The Betty Ford Clinic of Cincinnati'
For a minimum $22,000 a month, The Ridge promises privacy and luxury surroundings for people completing a 28-day recovery program for alcohol or drug abuse. Touted as "The Betty Ford Clinic of Cincinnati," it's the only treatment center of its kind in the region. Treatment takes place inside a remodeled, 13-room estate on 50 wooded acres. Executives with Health Care Venture Partners, which owns The Ridge, acknowledge that price excludes all but the wealthiest of patients. But they defend against criticism that the center is elitist. It simply offers a treatment standard that had been lacking in the region, they say.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US