HealthLeaders Media's Top 12 Online Stories of 2011
Updated December 30, 2011. Contributors: Cheryl Clark, Karen Minich-Pourshadi, and Rebecca Hendren.
1.Top 12 Healthcare Buzzwords for 2012
Our third annual list of healthcare buzzwords and catchphrases includes a handful of terms that are really oxymorons. And if you think about it, that's the very theme of health reform today.
2.Top 10 Healthcare Quality Issues for 2011
These are the top quality challenges healthcare providers faced this year. Many, such as imaging exposure effects, central line infections, and medical data breaches dominated headlines in 2010.
3.Eleven Hot Healthcare Buzzwords for 2011
With rapid changes to the healthcare industry come terms and phrases every provider should know. We've rounded up 11 of the most-overheard buzzwords related to health information technology, healthcare marketing, and health system administration.
4.Five Reasons Nurses Want to Leave Your Hospital
Are your nurses engaged, committed employees? Or are they biding their time until they can go somewhere better? Onerous overtime policies are just one issue that has nurses eyeing the exits.
5.Twelve Ways to Reduce Hospital Readmissions
With hospital readmission rates as high one in five nationwide, we asked experts for tips on getting the numbers down. Some strategies aren't yet proven, but many providers are experimenting with anything that sounds plausible.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs