Voters uneasy with University Hospital merger
Registered voters in Jefferson County are split on whether to allow the merger of University Hospital with a Catholic health system, but they become increasingly opposed when given information about it, according to a poll commissioned by a group of activists who oppose the merger. The poll also found that after they are given both positive and negative information about the plan, a plurality believes that Gov. Steve Beshear should step in and stop and block the merger. He must approve the merger if it is to proceed.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios