The health-care landscape is shifting
The tremors you feel are not after-effects of this summer’s earthquake, but the healthcare landscape shifting beneath us to create better and more efficient care. Headlines highlight daily a high-stakes game of affiliations and mergers happening at a breakneck pace. New ways of providing care and paying providers are being tested. The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Alternative Quality Contract is no longer “alternative” as a majority of the Commonwealth’s providers are participating. As part of the Affordable Care Act, “Accountable Care Organizations” (“ACOs”) will launch nationally for Medicare beneficiaries in 2012.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'