The health-care landscape is shifting
The tremors you feel are not after-effects of this summer’s earthquake, but the healthcare landscape shifting beneath us to create better and more efficient care. Headlines highlight daily a high-stakes game of affiliations and mergers happening at a breakneck pace. New ways of providing care and paying providers are being tested. The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Alternative Quality Contract is no longer “alternative” as a majority of the Commonwealth’s providers are participating. As part of the Affordable Care Act, “Accountable Care Organizations” (“ACOs”) will launch nationally for Medicare beneficiaries in 2012.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream