TN firm acquires 2 northeast PA hospitals
A Tennessee-based company is the new owner of two more hospitals in northeastern Pennsylvania. Community Health Systems Inc. on Tuesday announced the acquisition of the 217-bed Moses Taylor Hospital in Scranton and the 25-bed Mid-Valley Hospital in Peckville. The $152 million deal was approved by a Lackawanna County judge last month. Community Health Systems, a for-profit company based near Nashville, says its subsidiaries now control substantially all of the Moses Taylor Health Care Health System.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US