Judge delays release of Highmark-West PA affiliation
A federal judge today delayed the release of an unredacted copy of the Highmark-West Penn Allegheny Health System affiliation agreement after WPAHS attorneys asked for reconsideration of a Dec. 29 ruling that it be made publicly available. Judge Arthur J. Schwab has told WPAHS legal counsel to show attorneys for UPMC and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the redacted portions before noon on Monday and see if the parties can agree on what portions can be unsealed. WPAHS argued the only way to truly keep doctors' earnings confidential is to keep sealed the entire portion of the agreement at issue.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'