Outgoing Erlanger CEO Jim Brexler’s severance pay on tap
Trustees of Chattanooga's only public hospital still appear deeply divided on paying a large sum of money to outgoing CEO Jim Brexler while Erlanger Health System is struggling financially. Board members will meet Monday morning to discuss details of a severance package for Brexler. Trustees rejected a severance package in a 4-4 vote last month. But experts on executive compensation say a contract providing a golden parachute is essential to attract competent managers in a field that is becoming increasing complex.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer