UPMC says West Penn refuses to release takeover information
UPMC filed motions Friday accusing West Penn Allegheny Health System of refusing to comply with a discovery request in the latter's antitrust lawsuit against the former. West Penn sued UPMC and Highmark in 2009, saying they colluded to stifle competition. West Penn then released Highmark from the suit when the insurer essentially bought the region's second-largest hospital system.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians