Dead on arrival: What sank the Christ Hospital sale?
For Christ Hospital President and CEO Peter Kelly, last week began with a letter to Jersey City Heights residents touting the benefits of the hospital's pending sale to a California-based company that—he promised—would invest millions in the medical facility and save it from closure. By the week's end, the hospital's prospective buyer had backed out of the deal, and the hospital's board of directors had agreed to file for bankruptcy, if necessary.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots