LifeBridge to open new children's hospital at Sinai
LifeBridge Health, which also owns Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, is spending $29.5 million, including $5 million from the state, to replace the affiliated children's hospital after 53 years in the same building. Wiley said the hospital is reacting to demand after noticing several years ago that it didn't always have enough, or appropriate, rooms to place patients. Once patients move into the new building on March 19, the old facility will be renovated and converted into a place for outpatient procedures.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'