Former WY hospital CEO accused of embezzlement
The former chief executive officer for Powell Valley Healthcare is being sued for allegedly embezzling nearly $850,000 while he was at the helm of the organization. The lawsuit against Paul Cardwell was filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court in Casper on behalf of HealthTech Management Services Inc. HealthTech, hired to provide management services for Powell Valley Healthcare, is the company that formerly employed Cardwell to oversee the company’s operations in Powell. According to the lawsuit, Cardwell authorized spending $847,934 between March and September to recruit physicians and other personnel to Powell Valley Healthcare. The lawsuit alleges that the money was actually sent to a "straw company" that did no legitimate work and kicked a "substantial" amount of Powell Valley Healthcare's money back to Cardwell.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013