100 lawsuits at NY's Brookdale University Hospital
Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center is the target of more than 100 open lawsuits by patients who claim they—or their dead relatives—were harmed instead of healed, Brooklyn Supreme Court records show. At least a dozen cases allege patients died due to malpractice or negligence at the cash-strapped Brownsville hospital—including a mugging victim with traumatic brain injuries and two patients whose severe pressure ulcers led to fatal infections.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care