100 lawsuits at NY's Brookdale University Hospital
Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center is the target of more than 100 open lawsuits by patients who claim they—or their dead relatives—were harmed instead of healed, Brooklyn Supreme Court records show. At least a dozen cases allege patients died due to malpractice or negligence at the cash-strapped Brownsville hospital—including a mugging victim with traumatic brain injuries and two patients whose severe pressure ulcers led to fatal infections.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers