Agreement signed to take Marquette General Hospital private
Marquette General Hospital would become Michigan's second largest privately-run acute-care hospital under an agreement it has signed with Duke LifePoint Healthcare. The hospital board this week signed a memorandum of understanding to join the company, which is a joint venture between Duke University and LifePoint Hospitals, a Brentwood, Tenn., firm with 53 U.S. hospitals. For the next two to four months, the hospital and the company will negotiate an agreement, which would have to be reviewed by the Michigan Attorney General's office.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts