Hospital CEO brought down Blago with a wire
The FBI says Pamela Davis' help was invaluable in an investigation that eventually collected enough evidence to charge and lead to the conviction of former IL Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who reported to prison Thursday for corruption. Davis is CEO of Edward Hospital and Health Services in Naperville. Davis was the first to blow the whistle on alleged kickbacks involving a state board with the power to approve and deny hospital projects.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013