Home healthcare profits up
Home healthcare companies made an average 19.4% profit in 2010, a report released Thursday shows, prompting MedPAC to again ask Congress to lower reimbursement rates for these companies. The home healthcare industry is fighting a proposed law that would require them to pay employees minimum wage and overtime. Mark Miller, MedPAC's executive director, said the board expects the industry to see a 19.8% profit margin in 2013 from Medicare.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest