Home healthcare profits up
Home healthcare companies made an average 19.4% profit in 2010, a report released Thursday shows, prompting MedPAC to again ask Congress to lower reimbursement rates for these companies. The home healthcare industry is fighting a proposed law that would require them to pay employees minimum wage and overtime. Mark Miller, MedPAC's executive director, said the board expects the industry to see a 19.8% profit margin in 2013 from Medicare.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care