Swedish Medical Center warns likely layoffs
Swedish Medical Center delivered some grim news to employees Monday: Swedish is losing $250,000 a day and likely will have to lay off workers. Swedish CEO Kevin Brown said patient volumes and revenues are significantly lower than Swedish had projected. The losses, Brown said, are a continuation of a trend Swedish saw in late 2011, when it experienced three months of consecutive loss. In January and February of this year alone, it has had an operating loss of $16 million, he said.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest