Swedish Medical Center warns likely layoffs
Swedish Medical Center delivered some grim news to employees Monday: Swedish is losing $250,000 a day and likely will have to lay off workers. Swedish CEO Kevin Brown said patient volumes and revenues are significantly lower than Swedish had projected. The losses, Brown said, are a continuation of a trend Swedish saw in late 2011, when it experienced three months of consecutive loss. In January and February of this year alone, it has had an operating loss of $16 million, he said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations