NY's Peninsula Hospital to close
Peninsula Hospital in Far Rockaway will be closing its doors for good, the state Health Department said Monday, marking the end of a tumultuous six months that included the facility’s clinical laboratory recently being shuttered after investigators found 'serious deficiencies' at the site. A Health Department spokesman said the hospital is now required to submit a closure plan to the state for approval. The state did not say when it expects the hospital to close, though hospital workers said they have been told it could happen as early as Friday.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care