Court awards Christ Hospital of Jersey City to Hudson Holdco
A bankruptcy court judge in Newark yesterday awarded bankrupt Christ Hospital to the parent company of two for-profit hospitals in Hudson County. Judge Morris Stern chose the $43.5 million bid by Hudson Holdco, which owns and operates the Hoboken University Medical Center and the Bayonne Medical Center, over the proposal by Community Healthcare Associates, which had planned to lease the hospital to the Jersey City Medical Center.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs