Don Berwick on the fate of 'Obamacare'
A pediatrician by training and a widely respected expert in healthcare policy, Don Berwick should have been a lock for the CMS job. But he was a backer of Obamacare. A professor of health policy at Harvard and a newly-minted fellow at Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank, Don Berwick is a widely-admired leader in the field of healthcare improvement, having devoted much of his life to figuring out, via rigorous empirical study, how best to improve care and lower costs. Rolling Stone got him on the phone to talk about this week's healthcare hearings at the Supreme Court, the importance of Obamacare, and the future of reform.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations