Don Berwick on the fate of 'Obamacare'
A pediatrician by training and a widely respected expert in healthcare policy, Don Berwick should have been a lock for the CMS job. But he was a backer of Obamacare. A professor of health policy at Harvard and a newly-minted fellow at Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank, Don Berwick is a widely-admired leader in the field of healthcare improvement, having devoted much of his life to figuring out, via rigorous empirical study, how best to improve care and lower costs. Rolling Stone got him on the phone to talk about this week's healthcare hearings at the Supreme Court, the importance of Obamacare, and the future of reform.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots