Don Berwick on the fate of 'Obamacare'
A pediatrician by training and a widely respected expert in healthcare policy, Don Berwick should have been a lock for the CMS job. But he was a backer of Obamacare. A professor of health policy at Harvard and a newly-minted fellow at Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank, Don Berwick is a widely-admired leader in the field of healthcare improvement, having devoted much of his life to figuring out, via rigorous empirical study, how best to improve care and lower costs. Rolling Stone got him on the phone to talk about this week's healthcare hearings at the Supreme Court, the importance of Obamacare, and the future of reform.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- When a hospital closes
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says