Chicago's Mercy Health joining Novi-based Trinity hospital system
The Chicago-based Mercy Health System has become part of Trinity Health, the Novi-based Catholic healthcare system said Monday. The affiliation with Trinity Health, finalized Sunday, will help Mercy Hospital in Chicago survive, the two nonprofit groups said in a statement. Trinity Health, which operates 49 hospital and more than 430 outpatient facilities, has shared some services with Mercy Health since 2009. In November, the two health systems agreed to work more closely together to cut costs and improve service at Mercy Hospital, receiving the necessary regulatory and board approvals.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening