OSF HealthCare, Rockford Health System may still work together
When OSF HealthCare and Rockford Health System parted ways last week, ending their two-year fight to join together, they hinted at the possibility of working together in the future. To hospital officials, they're still facing the same challenges that drove them to acquisition talks in the first place—healthcare reform, payer rate cuts and economic struggles that threaten to change the healthcare landscape, merger or no merger.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013