OSF HealthCare, Rockford Health System may still work together
When OSF HealthCare and Rockford Health System parted ways last week, ending their two-year fight to join together, they hinted at the possibility of working together in the future. To hospital officials, they're still facing the same challenges that drove them to acquisition talks in the first place—healthcare reform, payer rate cuts and economic struggles that threaten to change the healthcare landscape, merger or no merger.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care