SC hospital closure 'unavoidable'; urgent care center in works
The Bamberg County Hospital Board voted to close the hospital effective April 30 in a special called meeting last week. Barnwell and Bamberg counties have entered into an arrangement with an affiliate of Memphis, Tenn.-based Dobbs Equity Partners LLC to develop a regional healthcare system. The system will consist of multi-specialty physician centers in each county and construction of a regional hospital. Both hospitals filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 9 of the U.S. Code of laws while they work to restructure their debt.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest