Judge orders PA's Saint Catherine Medical Center to be liquidated
Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs is headed to liquidation and closure, as a federal judge on Wednesday approved converting the hospital's bankruptcy petition to that status. After a 25-minute hearing in the Max Rosenn United States Courthouse, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge John J. Thomas ordered that the case filed by the debtor, Saint Catherine Hospital of Pennsylvania LLC, be changed to Chapter 7, which allows for liquidation of a business' assets, from Chapter 11, which permits reorganization of a business.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised