Alegent to acquire Creighton med center
Creighton University Medical Center will remain open as a hospital after Alegent Health acquires it this summer, Alegent's CEO said Tuesday. Richard Hachten, president and chief executive officer of Alegent, also said he doesn't expect layoffs. Hachten and the Rev. Timothy Lannon, Creighton University's president, said nonbinding agreements have been signed by their institutions and Tenet Healthcare, the for-profit corporation that owns about three-fourths of the hospital. Creighton owns the rest. Alegent will assume full ownership, but administrators declined to discuss the purchase price.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor