TN medical clinic expands its mission of faith
Saint Thomas Health opened the Saint Louise Clinic in Murfreesboro in October and next month will take over the operations of another faith-based clinic in Macon County. The expansions bring to eight the number of such clinics operated by the Nashville-based hospital system. The network saves Saint Thomas money by lowering emergency room visits, while offering people early treatment and preventive care. The new clinic at 503 E. Bell St. in Murfreesboro is staffed by a social worker and also has a Dispensary of Hope, which provides prescriptions to patients who cannot afford medication.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending