Stanford Hospital, Blue Shield cut a 3-year deal on rates
Stanford Hospital & Clinics and Blue Shield of California agreed to a three-year contract Thursday. The two sides cut the deal on health maintenance organization (HMO) and preferred provider organization (PPO) rates before a 12:01 a.m. Friday deadline, according to Stanford University. All Blue Shield members will continue to receive care at Stanford Hospital and its clinics, said a Blue Shield spokeswoman. Kaiser Health Plan and Medicare patients who go to Stanford Hospital are not affected by this contract, according to the university.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions