Stanford Hospital, Blue Shield cut a 3-year deal on rates
Stanford Hospital & Clinics and Blue Shield of California agreed to a three-year contract Thursday. The two sides cut the deal on health maintenance organization (HMO) and preferred provider organization (PPO) rates before a 12:01 a.m. Friday deadline, according to Stanford University. All Blue Shield members will continue to receive care at Stanford Hospital and its clinics, said a Blue Shield spokeswoman. Kaiser Health Plan and Medicare patients who go to Stanford Hospital are not affected by this contract, according to the university.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers