Former Parkway Hospital CEO sentenced to 4 months for bribing politician
The CEO of the former Parkway Hospital in Queens was sentenced Tuesday to four months in prison for bribing crooked ex-state Sen. Carl Kruger. "I'm sorry for this mistake," Dr. Robert Aquino, 55, said in Manhattan Federal Court. "This was poor judgment on my part." Aquino paid Kruger a $60,000 bribe in 2008 in a futile effort to keep Parkway open. Kruger was sentenced to seven years in prison last week for soliciting Aquino and others for bribes. Aquino's plea deal called for up to three years in jail.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'