Highmark, UPMC reach agreement until 2015
Gov. Tom Corbett announced Highmark and UPMC have reached a deal to provide Highmark insurance customers with in-network access to all UPMC physicians and hospitals through 2014. Mr. Corbett said he brought the two Pittsburgh health companies together several weeks ago to negotiate with the help of a third-party mediator, David F. Simon, the executive vice president and chief legal officer of Jefferson Health System in Southeastern Pennsylvania. The governor did not elaborate about how the state would prompt the feuding companies to reach an accord but he noted the benefits Highmark and UPMC receive from their tax-exempt status as non-profit institutions.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care