HCA up 91 percent in 1Q
HCA Holdings Inc.'s (NYSE: HCA) earnings increased 91.3 percent in the first quarter. Earnings were $639 million, or $1.18 cents per share, on revenue of $8.4 billion. Analysts, on average, had estimated earnings of 94 cents per share on revenue of $8.77 billion, according to Thomson Reuters. Richard Bracken, CEO and chairman of the board at HCA, said revenue growth was driven primarily by increased volume, two adjustments related to Medicare revenue for prior periods, and financial consolidation of its HealthONE venture.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals