EUGENE, OR: PeaceHealth chooses CEO
PeaceHealth nonprofit healthcare system Wednesday named John Hill as chief executive officer of its Oregon region, effective May 31. The region includes hospitals in Springfield, Eugene, Cottage Grove and Florence. Hill is an executive with healthcare giant Hospital Corporation of America. Hill is the CEO of the Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza near Denver, a Level II trauma center. Hill will replace Tom Reitinger, who has been interim Oregon CEO since July and will continue in that role through June 30, according to PeaceHealth, a Catholic healthcare system based in Washington state. PeaceHealth brought in Reitinger, an associate with the consulting firm Huron Healthcare, after the sudden departure of Mel Pyne, who had been Oregon CEO for six years.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts