MARATHON, FL: Marathon hospital's CFO resigns
Michael Schimming resigned Friday as Fishermen's Community Hospital chief financial officer, just six months after being hired. The Marathon medical center is nearly 10 months into a transition from for-profit lessee Health Management Associates to Quorum Health Resources. Schimming works for Quorum. Most recently, Schimming was CFO for Allegiance Health Management in Shreveport, La. He had also been CEO and CFO for a 118-bed hospital in Arkansas; CFO for a Baptist Health Care System hospital in Beaumont, Texas; and CFO for several HMA hospitals in Arkansas and Texas.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care