LEAVENWORTH, KS: Cushing names interim CEO
St. Luke's Health System, the parent company of Leavenworth’s Cushing Memorial Hospital, announced Wednesday that Gary Wages would take over for outgoing Chief Executive Officer Ron Baker at the facility. Wages will serve as the top executive at Cushing on an interim basis, a change made effective Tuesday. Baker left the hospital to take the top post at St. Luke's East Hospital in Lee's Summit, Mo. Wages retired as CEO of Saint Luke's Northland Hospital in 2011. He currently serves as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and was a past board chair of the Missouri Hospital Association, Kansas City Area Hospital Associations and Missouri's Hospital Industry Data Institute. He joined St. Luke's Health System in 1998.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans