CLEVELAND: Cleveland Clinic appoints Children's Hospital Chairman
Giovanni Piedimonte, MD, Chairman of Pediatrics at the West Virginia University (WVU) School of Medicine and an international leader in pediatric pulmonology, has been appointed Chairman of the Pediatric Institute and Physician in Chief of the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital. Prior to his appointment at Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Piedimonte also served as Physician-In-Chief of WVU Children’s Hospital in Morgantown, WV, as the founding Director of the WVU Pediatric Research Institute, and as a Wyeth Research Scholar. Dr. Piedimonte will replace Ricardo Rodriguez, M.D., who has served as interim chair since 2011.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'