SAN DIEGO: UC San Diego Health System names CEO
Paul S. Viviano has accepted the position as the new CEO of UC San Diego Health System and associate vice chancellor for Health Sciences. His appointment was approved by the UC Board of Regents, and will commence June 1, 2012. Viviano is currently Chairman of the Board and CEO of Alliance Healthcare Services where he has served since 2003. His prior positions include president and CEO of USC University Hospital and USC/Norris Cancer Hospital. Prior to his work at USC, Viviano served in various positions, including executive vice president and CEO of the St. Joseph Health System in Orange, California.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream