Opinion: What is Medicare 'double counting' and why are budget experts fighting over it?
Budget experts are waging a spirited battle over the Medicare changes that helped pay for 2010?s health reform. In calculating how new health care reforms will affect the deficit, one economist counted certain spending cuts and revenue increases twice. This isn't uncommon, but it's causing a stir.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Debate Over Consolidation's Effect On Cost Rages On
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform