Opinion: What is Medicare 'double counting' and why are budget experts fighting over it?
Budget experts are waging a spirited battle over the Medicare changes that helped pay for 2010?s health reform. In calculating how new health care reforms will affect the deficit, one economist counted certain spending cuts and revenue increases twice. This isn't uncommon, but it's causing a stir.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway