Doctors train to take on healthcare transformation at new leadership institute
Medical schools don't train doctors to lead teams, manage departments or understand complex financial plans. Yet, increasingly, clinicians are being asked to take on key leadership and management roles and develop policy. The Daniel Hanley Center for Health Leadership, based in Portland, has launched what is believed to be the nation's first independent statewide Physician Executive Leadership Institute.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers