St. Joseph's faced layoffs or cuts, says Mercy CEO
St. Joseph's Mercy Health System in Hot Springs, Arkansas would have faced layoffs or cuts in services if it had continued in the Mercy Health System of Chesterfield, Mo., according to the corporation's president and CEO, Lynn Britton. Several people resigned from Mercy's local hospital board and from the national board to protest the move. Former board members were concerned about how the poor would be treated under the leadership of the for-profit Capella Healthcare.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data