Hospital commission's big question: Essentia or no?
The votes by the Hospital Commission and City Council are coming in less than two weeks. The choice: Whether Virginia Regional Medical Center should affiliate with Duluth-based Essentia Health, a decision that weighs local autonomy against the stability of a larger health system. It's the latest chapter in the growth of Essentia, which traces its roots to a small Duluth hospital started by Benedictine nuns and now reaches across the Upper Midwest and beyond.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery