Hospital commission's big question: Essentia or no?
The votes by the Hospital Commission and City Council are coming in less than two weeks. The choice: Whether Virginia Regional Medical Center should affiliate with Duluth-based Essentia Health, a decision that weighs local autonomy against the stability of a larger health system. It's the latest chapter in the growth of Essentia, which traces its roots to a small Duluth hospital started by Benedictine nuns and now reaches across the Upper Midwest and beyond.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'