Hospital commission's big question: Essentia or no?
The votes by the Hospital Commission and City Council are coming in less than two weeks. The choice: Whether Virginia Regional Medical Center should affiliate with Duluth-based Essentia Health, a decision that weighs local autonomy against the stability of a larger health system. It's the latest chapter in the growth of Essentia, which traces its roots to a small Duluth hospital started by Benedictine nuns and now reaches across the Upper Midwest and beyond.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic